About the Internship
Students will complete a 32-hour internship from July 12-22. Throughout the internship experience, students can expect to:
· Develop an understanding of the different positions within nonprofit organizations
· Share experiences and learn from one another while developing their personal communication skills
· Widen their understanding of the needs of the clients served by United Way partner agencies
· Receive invaluable, hands-on training and experiences that help to grow their workplace skills
For more information about the Internship, contact Stephanie at 903-893-1920, Ext. 1
· Teens who are going into their sophomore, junior, or senior year at a Grayson County high school
· Must be 16 years old by June 1, 2021 to apply for the internship
· Students are selected based on merit—without regard to religion, race, or ethnicity
How to Apply
· The application includes four sections: contact information, internship preferences, extended response questions, and references.
· All applications must be submitted by Sunday, May 30, 2021.
What to Expect
· In the days after your application is submitted, you will receive an email with a 30-minute interview timeslot. All interviews will take place on June 3, 2021 via Zoom.
· Not all applicants will be selected for an internship. You will know if you’ve been selected on Friday, June 4, 2021.
· The Internship will take place July 12-15 and July 19-22 from roughly 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. each day. Each day will begin and end at the United Way of Grayson County office.
· At the end of the internship, each intern will receive a certificate reflecting their participation and service to Grayson County. Additionally, two interns will be selected to serve as Ambassador Board Members from August 2021 to May 2022, so they continue to grow and learn about the non-profit sector.