Skip to main content

History of United Way of Grayson County

History of United Way of Grayson County


1942

The United Way of Grayson County, Inc. was first organized as the Sherman Community Chest.


1969

The Sherman Community Chest merges with the Denison Community Chest.
This merger became United Fund of Grayson County.
Evelyn Blackmon became the first full-time director.


1974

United Fund of Grayson County changes its name to United Way of Grayson County, Inc.


1987

Danna Bennett served as director until 1998.


1998

Margie Morris served as director until 2005.

 

2005

David Cortinas began serving as Chief Executive Officer and President and still serves today.

 

2008

Moved into our new building at 713 E. Brockett, Sherman, TX